Santa Cruz | Downtown
Deli Sandwiches, Fresh Salads, Handmade Soups and more on Walnut Ave. in downtown Santa Cruz - Your nearby DeliCafé "Locations with Character"
Your Erik’s DeliCafé in downtown Santa Cruz on Walnut Ave. is the perfect place to grab a fresh deli sandwich for lunch, or to enjoy a handmade soup or a salad made with many locally sourced produce ingredients. For desert, Erik’s has a bakery selection that includes cookies, brownies and more.
Enjoy a Deli Sandwich at your nearby downtown Santa Cruz Erik’s DeliCafé!
If deli sandwiches are your thing, the Erik’s DeliCafé of Santa Cruz on the corner of Walnut Ave. and Cedar St. features all your favorites, featuring delicious ham, chicken, turkey, roast beef, Monterey jack cheese and more.Check out a few of Erik's delicious deli sandwiches
- The Chicken Durango (featuring chicken breast, hickory smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, sliced tomato, red onions, locally grown sprouts, served with a tangy ranch dressing on toasted Ciabatta roll)
- The REO Speedwagon (smoked ham, turkey breast, Monterey jack cheese, Erik’s “Secret Goo ®” on sliced fresh baked sourdough. Served with slivered red onion, fresh tomato, sprouts.)
- The Pot Belly (highlighted by pastrami, turkey breast, and Monterey jack cheese)
- plus many, many more! Check out our full deli sandwich menu – then come see us!
Delicious Salads Made from Fresh, Crisp Ingredients
Erik’s DeliCafé in Santa Cruz on the corner of Walnut Ave. and Cedar St. also features our full menu of salads, created to order with as much locally sourced produce as possible, and always served with a side of our fresh focaccia. At Erik’s, you can enjoy salads featuring chicken, avocado, tomato, crisp romaine lettuce, dairy fresh cheeses, fresh croutons and much more.
Handmade Soup from Erik’s DeliCafé in downtown Santa Cruz
If you’re in the mood for a handmade soup, you want to grab a bowl at Erik’s DeliCafé in Santa Cruz on Walnut Ave. – our soups are savory and delicious, based on Erik’s family recipes using only the highest quality ingredients.Our everyday soup selection includes:
- New England Clam Chowder
- Butternut Squash
- Vegetarian Vegetable
- Chicken Vegetable Rice
- Tomato Basil Bisque
- “Texas Jailhouse” Chili®
- Plus a selection of Special Kettle (seasonal soups) throughout the year.
In 1973, for an initial cash outlay of $429.00, Erik Johnson transformed a 600 sq. ft. delicatessen/bakery in Scotts Valley into Erik’s DeliCafé. Now we have more than 30 locations throughout Santa Cruz County, the Bay Area, the Monterey Peninsula and one in Roseville – including this neighborhood deli on Walnut Ave. on the corner of Walnut Ave. and Cedar St. in downtown Santa Cruz.
Having a group event? Looking for deli catering in Santa Cruz?Find out about Erik's catering services
Learn more about Erik’s Story or find another Erik’s in the SF Bay Area and Northern California!