Deli Sandwiches, Fresh Salads, Handmade Soups and more at The Plant in San Jose - Your nearby DeliCafé "Locations with Character"
Your nearby Erik’s DeliCafé in The Plant on Curtner Avenue is the perfect place to grab a fresh deli sandwich, enjoy a delicious handmade soup, or fresh salad made with many locally sourced produce ingredients, for lunch any day of the week. For dessert, Erik’s also has a bakery selection that includes cookies, brownies, our famous carrot cake and more.
Enjoy a Deli Sandwich for Lunch Today in The Plant Shopping Center on Curtner Avenue!
If deli sandwiches are your thing, the Curtner Avenue Erik’s DeliCafé in The Plant features all your favorites, including ham, turkey, roast beef, Monterey jack cheese and more.Check out a few of Erik's delicious deli sandwiches
- The Sweet Liberty (featuring fresh sliced turkey breast, Swiss cheese, fresh red bell pepper…)
- Turkey Walnut Pesto (Turkey breast topped with fresh avocado, Monterey jack cheese, house-made walnut aioli, hearty 9-grain wheat bread. Served with slivered red onion, fresh tomato, and locally grown sprouts.)
- The Rio Grande Club (Turkey breast topped with hickory smoked bacon, pepper jack cheese, moistened with Erik’s guacamole, Erik’s “Secret Goo ®”, and topped with tomato and lettuce on toasted Ciabatta roll)
- plus many, many more! Check out our full sandwich menu – then come see us!
Delicious Salads Made from Fresh, Crisp Ingredients
Erik’s DeliCafé, in the Plant Shopping Center, also features our full menu of salads, created to order with as much locally sourced produce as possible, and always served with a side of freshly sliced bread. At Erik’s, you can enjoy salads featuring chicken, ripe avocado, tomato, crisp romaine lettuce, dairy fresh cheeses, fresh croutons and much more.
Handmade Soup from Erik’s DeliCafé in The Plant on Curtner Avenue
If you’re in the mood for a handmade soup, you want to grab a bowl at Erik’s DeliCafé in The Plant – our soups are savory and delicious, based on Erik’s family recipes, using only the highest quality ingredients. Our everyday soup selection includes:Our everyday soup selection includes
- New England Clam Chowder
- Butternut Squash
- Vegetarian Vegetable
- Chicken Vegetable Rice
- Tomato Basil Bisque
- “Texas Jailhouse” Chili®
- Plus a selection of Special Kettle (seasonal soups) throughout the year.
In 1973, for an initial cash outlay of $429.00, Erik Johnson transformed a 600 sq. ft. delicatessen/bakery in Scotts Valley into Erik’s DeliCafé. Now we have more than 30 locations throughout Santa Cruz County, the Bay Area, the Monterey Peninsula and one in Roseville – including this neighborhood deli in San Jose, in The Plant Shopping Center on Curtner Ave. across from the Oak Hill Cemetery.